Editors work with writers to ensure the correct words are used in an order that creates clear and concise text for the target audience.
Any type of publication – books, newsletters, website content, academic articles, annual reports – can benefit from an editor’s attention to detail and language expertise.
By bringing a fresh pair of eyes to your work, an editor can help you:
- structure your document in a logical and clear manner
- clarify your message in an appropriate form for your target audience
- correct grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- remove ambiguity and clarify your meaning
- ensure consistency in style and text
- suggest ways to present the information in a more logical and coherent manner
- remove inconsistencies of style in documents that are a series or a multi-author work
- indicate possible errors of fact
- ensure all reference citations are complete.